Talk

Advanced search

How do you survive the day after a bad night?

(3 Posts)
MrsBish Tue 04-Aug-09 09:05:42

DD (10mts) had me up until 2am last night. She had slept since 8pm to 11pm but was then up with a temp, which I suspect is due to teething. I have no big stresses about being up with her, she's my second and I know what this stage is like!

The thing is that I'm off to see a friend today which means an hour drive on the M25 and trying my best to engage in stimulating conversation with her. She has two kiddies herself, so will have every sympathy with my tiredness.

I just wanted to know what you all do to get that energy boost for the day after a bad night? Loads of Coke? Berocca? Any tips please? Chocolate - which does work briefly for me, but then gives me a horrible sugar low!

kingfix Tue 04-Aug-09 09:12:29

I drink pints and pints of tea but not sure it helps. Getting out of the house is also essential! And there's always telly...
I hate driving when I'm tired you have my sympathy

MrsBadger Tue 04-Aug-09 09:16:22

coffee with two sugars (so you get the caffeine for energy and the sugar for fuel) and a filling breakfast (either porridge or a fryup, dependent on your cholesterol needs)

then lively music in the car - I have stolen dh's 'ultimate motivational mix' which he uses for cycling to, but any dance-round-the-kitchen music will do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now