Talk

Advanced search

arrghh help

(8 Posts)
yawningmonster Sun 02-Aug-09 11:20:57

ok dd is only 13weeks...but am struggling big time. She was sleeping ok at night but now both day and night are shot. During the day she will sleep in the front pack if I am walking around. If I sit down she wants to nurse which is fine but she gets really uncomfortable and starts pulling and groaning (doesn't alleviate when winded, not reflux...just getting over full, there is a 50/50 chance she will doze while nursing but it only lasts as long as the feed which is about 20 minutes as I have ds to look after, she will not drink if I am walking around. She will not co-sleep, she either babbles lovingly at us or wants to nurse which she refuses to do unless I am sitting up. I am horrid to ds at the minute, every part of me aches from carrying her (she is 15.6pounds) my breasts aren't sore but just feel chewed!! Please tell me this will get better

yawningmonster Sun 02-Aug-09 11:30:30

I should add that she is actually pretty contented not acting overtired only crying for boob or cuddles(walking her in front pack) I however am very over tired and am horrid especially to ds (4) as I just have no reserves left at all.

hairymelons Sun 02-Aug-09 15:22:10

It will get better!

Is it the constant on-off feeding or the lack of sleep you're struggling with? Both are killer of course.

Can anyone help with DS whilst your baby is so little? It must be so hard trying to entertain a 4 year old as well as feed a 13 weeker. Is this her normal pattern or is she having a growth spurt?

ches Sun 02-Aug-09 21:42:58

It will get better. She's probably going through a growth spurt. If you're not coping you can get DH to give her a bottle of formula <heresy > so you can have a bit of a break.

yawningmonster Mon 03-Aug-09 07:47:09

Hi she has always fed alot during the day and only ever slept in front pack during day but now this has extended to night time too. So last night for example
Cluster fed to 11 pm when she started to yank and pull so put her in front pack and walked around...she slept until 11.30 and was happily awake until 12.15. She had another drink but didn't go back to sleep. She got grizzly about 1am so I gave her another drink and she nodded off. I stayed in rocker with her and she dozed and suckled until about 2am when she started the yanking and pulling. Put in cradle and rocked but she was upset so put into front pack and walked around, she fell asleep at 2.45 and slept while I walked around until 3.30, had a feed. Tried to settle her in beside me in bed but she fussed and wanted to continue nursing which she will only do if I am sitting up so went back into rocker and she dozed on breast until 4.55 when she woke had a feed and then was happily awake until 6.10 when she had another feed and a doze until my son got up at 7. I am shattered. She won't take a bottle of ebm so I doubt she would take one of formula, she won't take a dummy. I wondered about growth spurt.. has been going on for the last 6 nights.

yawningmonster Mon 03-Aug-09 08:17:57

yawningmonster Mon 03-Aug-09 10:28:52

hairymelons Tue 04-Aug-09 23:30:08

Oh jeez, that's hard going. No wonder you're shattered.
It does sound like a growth spurt though so hopefully it is nearing the end. Keep trying with the bottles of EBM, it took ages to get my son to take a bottle but it was so worth it when he did.
I suppose if she won't feed lying down, could you sort of wedge yourself up in bed and snooze whilst she feeds? I suppose safety might be an issue but if there's no chance of her slipping out of your arms etc. should be ok? Or, you could make your OH stay awake whilst she feeds to keep an eye on her!
Also, can anyone help you get some rest in the day? Maybe take your older child out so you can sleep when your baby sleeps? I know it feels relentless right now but it will get easier.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now