Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

survived first night! But.......

(7 Posts)
arrraagggh Tue 24-May-05 09:44:42

what happens during the day when I have to put him down for a nap dp I continue to put him down awake and just carry out the controlled crying method. Plz help...

Distel Tue 24-May-05 09:46:25

Thats what we did. DS only had one nap a day but did cc so that he carried on having it. It worked better than I thought it would. good luck x x

Frizbe Tue 24-May-05 09:47:15

Yep you've got it right that's exactly what you do, apparently it can all go pear shaped about day four, but if you make it past then, once you get by the 1st week, its all sinking in and gets easier! Go girl, good luck.

sallystrawberry Tue 24-May-05 09:48:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

arrraagggh Tue 24-May-05 10:02:29

Thanx guys, I did feel like burrying my head in the garden last night but we did start to see an improvement. It started off really bad but then he gradually got calmer by 30mins he was asleep on his belly, but we managed to put him on his back without him fussing. It took 2hrs and 45mins in total.

sallystrawberry Tue 24-May-05 10:05:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gwenick Tue 24-May-05 10:11:08

Wow - I just beat you first night of CC with DS1 (when he was 6 months old) took 2hrs 52 minutes.

A bottle of wine is often helpful for the 'extended' leaving them times

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now