Talk

Advanced search

DD1 3 months old waking every two hours in the night.... any suggestions?

(5 Posts)
Cousel Sat 01-Aug-09 14:14:47

I put my DD1 to bed after a bath at 8. She goes down easy after 30 mins BF. I then give a formula feed at around 11. Last night she awoke at 1, 3ish, 5 and 6.30. I BF for five minutes and she then goes back to sleep (but i don't) When she wakes in the morning around 8 she doesn't want a feed.

I don't have a specfic day routine, she is BF apart from the night time bottle and she slept 6 hours a night nearly from birth until her first jabs at 8 weeks and she has slowly built up to more frequent waking. She is able to go at least 3, sometimes 4 hours in the day between feeds.

ladydivine Sat 01-Aug-09 21:25:35

No words of help really but just to say the same is happening with my DD1 (4.5 months). Bed at seven (easy to get to sleep)and generally asleep for 3-4 hours then awake every two hours. Trying not to feed her but it's the only thing that settles her (again only a few minutes does it). I can get her to settle herself afterwards by sucking her thumb but she never gets there herself. Is she actually hungry? teething? who knows...

Same boat with day routine and feeding pattern. She just woke there at 9pm and sounded so upset - I'm not sure I can leave her to cry herself to sleep.

ches Sat 01-Aug-09 22:57:13

Try to encourage her to feed more often. If she's only awake 12 hours during the day and is feeding every 3-4 hours, that's 3-4 feeds and she still needs 6-8 in 24 hours.

Cousel Sun 02-Aug-09 11:30:58

last night she woke up screaming after half an hour after her 8 pm feed. My DP just went and sat stroking her for 40 mins until she went to sleep as i knew she couldn't be hungry. At 11pm she took a full 6 oz, slept through to 5am when she woke. I resisted picking her up and after 5 mins of soothing touching and words she fell back to sleep again. although i did let her cry, i was always stroking her, and for 5 mins after she had stopped crying.

ches Sun 02-Aug-09 21:45:05

Glad you had a good night. IMO there's nothing wrong with your baby crying while you sooth her. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now