Talk

Advanced search

Am I being selfish?

(7 Posts)
smallblessings Fri 31-Jul-09 21:15:38

My 19 week old daughter is currently BF on demand, sleeps when she is tired (in theory) and co- sleeps with us at night. smile

For the first few months it was great ....she slept loads(in the day), woke loads at night but that was ok, fed well, was content and happy. Now, she seems to be getting over tired (she does not like noise despite her 2 siblings), feeding still fine.

I was hoping that she would find her own routine but she does not appear to be... am I being selfish by just letting her be IYSWIM? Should I enforce a routine, would it be better for her?

smallblessings Fri 31-Jul-09 21:25:54

Anyone please, grovel, grovel. grin

smallblessings Fri 31-Jul-09 21:46:06

Obviously am.

moondog Fri 31-Jul-09 21:48:25

Not selfish, just human and in need of sleep.
I'd leave her be. They need food regulalry, that's just the way they are. Does she sleep with you? That is easier for a lot of people. It wasn't for me but mine were in a cot right next to me for ease of feeding at night.

moondog Fri 31-Jul-09 21:50:12

Sorry, not reading properly!
A routine is not better for her no. If she needs to be fed, she needs to be fed [or loved or held or stroked]. Why make her wait for it [she'll have a lifetime ahead of her waiting for nice things to happen.]

smallblessings Fri 31-Jul-09 21:53:10

Thanks Moondog - think I just needed confirmation that it is ok to go with the flo.

TotalChaos Fri 31-Jul-09 21:53:35

No, not selfish in the slightest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now