Talk

Advanced search

20 month old screaming in the night = zombie parents!

(4 Posts)
theLoneFeeder Thu 30-Jul-09 10:04:52

My 20 month old DS2 has taken to waking in the night and screaming - I mean, really screaming - for aout an hour at a time, twice a night. He wakes DS1, which is not helpful, and then DH & I are both up trying to settle them.

My DH is very pro controlled crying, but I'm not. Recently I gave in and said he could try CC, as I couldn't think what else to do. He's now been doing this for about 3 weeks, and it hasn't helped at all. Prior to this, I'd go in and bf DS2 back to sleep. He is now night weaned.

Any advice on what we can do?

ches Thu 30-Jul-09 13:26:36

Is DS2 getting his molars and would some pain meds help? Molars + canines caused major sleep disruption for my DS for 6 months.

theLoneFeeder Thu 30-Jul-09 17:08:15

2 molars have recently broken through, so maybe is that. He's absolutely fine if I pick him up and cuddle him, but whenever I try and (gently) put him back into the cot the screaming starts again!

ches Fri 31-Jul-09 03:40:40

Seems perfectly reasonable to me to want cuddles from your mum when it feels like you've been kicked in the jaw. The molars are awful, the canines worse, and the 2yr molars just salt for your wounds. Nevermind how they feel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now