Talk

Advanced search

From Sleeping Bag to Duvet & Pillow

(5 Posts)
carrotsandpeasifyouplease Wed 22-Jul-09 13:02:45

18 month old is just about grown out of his gro-bag, I don't know whether to get the next size up or start with duvet and pillow -
i'd be grateful to hear from anyway with experience of success or not.

Also, is it ok to use the duvet in a cot with the sides up? do you tuck it in so its not just floating on top?

crumbled Wed 22-Jul-09 16:28:10

Hi
I carried on with the gro-bags until DS and DD over 2 years. My DS is still in a cot (nearly 2 1/2) but has just started with a pillow and duvet. He loves it and he thinks he's like his big sister and I just tuck the sides of the duvet down. I do only use a toddler duvet though, I think very low tog.

I know other mums who have made the change much earlier and have also had success.

HTH

girlsyearapart Thu 23-Jul-09 07:14:28

hi, dd1 was about 19 mo when we changed from grobags to duvet and pillow.She kept taking her grobag off and then also her pjs and nappy..
Gave in and switched and started pull up nappies at night. All good she loves it. Still in cotbed with sides up don't tuck duvet in and she's fine just tucks herself in or lays on top if she's hot. she is now 22mo. We bought her a hypo allergenic low tog duvet from primark- v cheap!

elliepac Thu 23-Jul-09 07:16:46

Hi, we switched to duvet at 13 months and DD is absolutely fine with it, just kicking it off if she is too hot.

carrotsandpeasifyouplease Thu 23-Jul-09 12:29:13

thats great, thanks for the responses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now