Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

whats the longest that cc took you

(12 Posts)
kbaby Fri 20-May-05 21:12:59

Can it take longer than 3 days? ive read in ferbers book that it generally takes 3 days but im preparing myself for the worst as im on day 2 with little improvement.

WigWamBam Fri 20-May-05 21:24:00

Took my dd three days.

spod Fri 20-May-05 21:27:15

Message deleted

wheresmyfroggy Fri 20-May-05 21:28:24

took three days with dd here

how long has the CC had to go on for the last two nights?

NotQuiteCockney Fri 20-May-05 21:56:51

I'm not sure what you mean by, how long it takes?

My DS1 took about a week to start settling quickly - so quickly that we didn't have to go in at all. My DS2 took a few days. They were both babies when we did it - DS1 was 3 months, DS2 was 6 months.

bigdonna Fri 20-May-05 22:06:44

i tried cc for 1 week i failed my ds would cry for 1 hr then it would take me 1 hr to calm him down.Dd used to make herself throw up every night so had to stop as she was losing weightbut i had a friends daughter stay with us she was 18mths i did cc crying for 3 nights she did not even wake for her bottle that her parents always gave her.my friend was very pleased to finally get some sleep.maybe its easier to do someone elses kids good luck

mummylonglegs Sat 21-May-05 13:52:16

Message deleted

fastasleep Sat 21-May-05 14:23:07

It took us about 2 weeks (or more!) DS is a stubborn little boo! But it does work, he's slept through ever since!

brodiesmummy Sat 21-May-05 14:44:19

we're trying Ferbers controlled crying at the moment too..During day only ever reaching 5 minutes and the longest at night has been 30 mins.Were making good progrees but DS in hspital last night (we fell down stairs but all ok) but have knocked cc back as he would'nt sleep as ward too light and noisy.I think I read somewhere that it can take about two weeks to really crack the problem but it just may not be the solution for everyone,I hate doing it but it works for us!

kbaby Mon 23-May-05 22:33:16

The problem is that she has never slept through the night. We go thorugh spells of waking once and then it goes back to twice. Also she used to go in her cot awake at bedtime and play and go to sleep herself but since having a tummy bug screams when you try to leave the room. It now takes us 30 mins to get her to bed and waking twice a night. If she wakes around 11-2am we give her milk and put her back in the cot and rub her back to get her to go to sleep, if she wakes again then at around 4am we are just going in and laying her back down over and over again, she stands up and cries. this can take about 1hour.
We tried cc when she was 7 months but after 4 nights she was still crying for 2 hours every night whereas I expected it to get less. After the 4th night we gave up and thought maybe the time wasnt right. We tried CC at bedtime for 2 nights and she was sick each night so again weve stopped and are now doing the laying her down each time. Im running out of ideas on how I can get her to sleep through or at least only wake once.

Gwenick Mon 23-May-05 22:41:38

It took 3 nights.

Night 1 - he cried for a total of 2hrs and 52 minutes before going to sleep (we did 2,5,10 and then 20 minute 'returns') Woke once in the night, but before I had a chance to go in he went back to sleep.

Night 2 - cried for 45 minutes - didn't wake at all

night 3 - cried for 15 minutes - again didn't wake

next few weeks he cried for about 10 minutes (but we didn't go into him at all) then one day he suddenly stopped crying as soon as we walked out of the room!! He was exactly 6 months when we started it.

Oh and did I mention that before night 1 he'd been waking every hr for 1hr breastfeed, and was still sleeping in our bed!!!

imation Wed 25-May-05 14:41:37

it took me 2 days to get thru cc. Did it when he was 6 months. 30 sec, then 45, 1 min, 1.30 - didn't go to 2 min

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now