Talk

Advanced search

daytime naps

(7 Posts)
crawley Mon 20-Jul-09 13:24:02

How do I get my 3 month old to nap in her cot during the day?
She is very good and sleeps in it through the night, but during the day she will nap in it for no more than 45 mins or so, yet she will nap in her bouncy chair for 2 hours!

ChocOrange05 Mon 20-Jul-09 14:37:44

static radio worked a treat for us, extended DS's naps from 45-60 mins to 2 hours min (and I wake him up). Turn the radio on when you put them down and leave it on throughout, it needs to be loud enough so they hear it over other noises IYSWIM.

HTH

crawley Mon 20-Jul-09 14:51:26

I'll try that tomorrow, but strangely enough she fell asleep after her feed at 11 and I put her in her cot from 11:30, where she woke up after an hour.

I bought her in and had her on my lap whilst I was registering for mumsnet and then decided to put her back in her bouncy chair - this was at 12:45 and she is still asleep!

I'd also be interested to know how people approached the sleeping through the night thing. currently she is fed around 6pm - 7pm goes down between 7.30pm and 8.00pm after she has had a bath then we wake her for a feed around 11ish and sometimes she goes through to 5 but sometimes its 3 - maybe she is getting there and I am being too impatient!

ches Wed 22-Jul-09 03:00:12

3 months is very, very young to sleep through the night. If she doesn't do it all on her own think again around 9 months.

crawley Thu 23-Jul-09 12:03:02

when I say through the night I really mean from 12ish to 5 or 6, my health visitor seems to think that its fine and a lot of friends with children say that this happened around 3-4months for their children.

ches Fri 24-Jul-09 04:40:08

Some babies sleep through of their own accord before 3 months, some as soon as 6 weeks. The thing is, they're doing it on their own. When you try to force them because the book/HV says they're ready, if they really are ready it's easy, but if they're not ready it's miserable. Plenty of babies need a night feed past 12 months.

crawley Fri 24-Jul-09 08:37:26

I am not trying to force my baby to do anything. She does sometimes go through from 11ish to 5 and when I told the health visitor this she said that it sounds like she is preparing herself to go through the night. At the moment she is waking at around 4am (it seems to be getting later and later)for a feed then she wakes again at 5.30am and does not want feeding until about 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now