Talk

Advanced search

has anyone tried horlicks?

(5 Posts)
dani87 Fri 17-Jul-09 16:58:50

ive got a 16month old dd but she goes 2 bed ok then about 9oclock pm she is up again, a few ppl have suggested horlicks as she wont drink warm milk. has any1 tried this also is it ok 2 giv her this? she eats and drinks anything apart from warm milk! she likes tea(weak)

kittypink Fri 17-Jul-09 23:06:38

Hia, Hipp make a drink that is a bit like horlicks but is for babies. Its called "goodnight milk" and is suitable from 6 months to 3 years. You give it just once a day. We havn't tried it yet as DD is only 24 weeks but we have some at the ready! I'm not really sure whether horlicks would be suitable. Maybe check it out with a dietitian/gp/HV.

You could also try chamomile tea. DD loves it.

hobbgoblin Fri 17-Jul-09 23:09:17

No, it's behavioural so deal with it on that basis. A drink cannot deal with behavioral stuff imo.

kittypink Fri 17-Jul-09 23:15:46

Actually, thats true. She may be in the habit of waking at that time or that may be when she reaches the end of a sleep cycle. DD wakes at 4am <groan> If she is waking up hungry then maybe try the drink, or give it to her at bedtime to help keep her settled.

Maybe watch her sleep, even just from 8.30 onwards to find out whats going on?

helenlouisey Wed 22-Jul-09 19:51:00

Yep I'd agree that it's behavioural, our DS started doing a similar thing, he was breastfed and I gave him some of the Hipps Goodnight Milk in the hope he would stop waking at 10.30pm, but it made no difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now