Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's dc go to sleep with the pillow over their heads?

(7 Posts)
phdlife Thu 16-Jul-09 12:06:34

ds is 2.3 and has always needed me near to get to sleep. When I was 6m pg with dd I had to give up snuggling him and sat at end of his bed; he now lies with his head in my lap until he's nearly asleep, then he flips around. But quite often - if he's been giving me the standard "more drink, more story, more singing" performance and I've packed told him to pack it in, or if he's just restless - he puts the pillow or a blanket over his head.

Tell me I'm being a twink to worry about this. He's a pretty sensitive kid who's put up with a lot in the past few months but this is okay, isn't it?

ChocOrange05 Thu 16-Jul-09 17:35:32

My 8mo does this with his goi goi pillow, I think it means go away and leave me to sleep!

phdlife Fri 17-Jul-09 13:01:04

I sort of thought that ChocOrange, but am easily confused by him shouting "stay, mummy!" half the time hmm

will ask, next time he does it. got a full-on circus tonight, v

ThingOne Fri 17-Jul-09 13:06:52

My DS2 put his blanket over his head to go to sleep most nights for a long time around this age. There wasn't any stress related to it - he seemed to need to shut everything out to go to sleep. As a baby he'd found it easier to go to sleep on his own and I think this was a continuation of this.

ZacharyQuack Fri 17-Jul-09 13:15:48

DD1 puts her toy bunny on her face - he "helps her go to sleep". DD2 has been known to put her blanky over her face. I usually remove bunny/blanky later in the evening, revealing two sweaty little faces.

kittypink Fri 17-Jul-09 23:18:57

When DH was a baby he always slept with a sheet on his face, or so I have been reliably informed!

ches Sun 19-Jul-09 00:32:19

I used to sleep with a pillow over my head but now I sleep with a blanket over my head because your body temp drops when you fall asleep and my head gets cold, which keeps me awake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now