Talk

Advanced search

Aagh - wake-to-sleep didn't work

(3 Posts)
Lovage Thu 16-Jul-09 05:39:08

Tried wake-to-sleep on 9mo just now. Set alarm for 4.15, since he usually wakes between 5 and 5.30. I only disturbed him enough for his breathing to change and him to start twitching a bit. Took ages for me to get back to sleep and then he woke at 4.58, as ever. So I got woken at 11pm, 2.30, 4.15 and now up for the day since 5.

I can't go on like this. I go back to work in a month.

Will try again tonight and wake him more - take him out of hammock and do dreamfeed probably, since that usually works at my bedtime (if I feed him at 10 he goes til 1.30 ish usually, whereas if I leave him, he wakes at 10.30 or 11, just as I've fallen asleep)

Aagh.

Only the first night, and maybe I didn't wake him enough (only til breathing changed and he started twitching a little, didn't get out of hammock or bf)

rubyslippers Thu 16-Jul-09 10:50:36

i have done WTS bu DS was waking at exactly the same time each morning

hmmm - you do need to wake him to the point where he is almost fully awake and leave him to go back to sleep

bippyhippy Thu 16-Jul-09 21:35:16

Wake to sleep never worked for me. I have found that putting the dummy in 10 mins before they're due to wake broke the habit though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now