Talk

Advanced search

from swaddling to sleeping bag..tips for an easy ride?

(3 Posts)
ladydivine Mon 13-Jul-09 20:23:13

My dd is 16 weeks and has been swaddled to sleep at night for the past couple of months. This has worked pretty well - sleeping for stretches of 4 hours throughout the night. However, she is breaking free at times so I would like to move her into sleeping bags. My other reason for this is that she is a keen thumb-sucker and uses this method to sleep during the day. I've thought that if she had her thumb during the night she will self-comfort and sleep for longer stretches.
When I've tried the sleeping bags at bedtime she has slept for about an hour and then woken up crying and not using her thumb.
I was thinking about maybe switching to sleeping bag in the middle of the night to help ease her into using bags. Does anyone have any experience of this? (she sleeps in an Amby too which may make a difference)

Pearlnz Mon 13-Jul-09 20:44:53

you could try a bigger swaddling blanket? we ended up getting a Peke Moe sleep sack which worked great for our LO to transition from swaddling. I think all babie are different so you will have to work otu what is best for your LO. good luck!

minimarmiteestlememeenfrancais Tue 14-Jul-09 21:31:09

When did you do the switch? I went cold turkey with mine (after trying 1/2 swaddling which didn't work for us at all) and it took a few days for DS to stay asleep in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now