Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok/safe for 18mnth old to sleep in a travel cot for one night a week?

(9 Posts)
bettyboo26 Mon 13-Jul-09 19:30:48

Thats it really!

Hope I've posted in the right place for this kind of enquiry.

Ds will now be staying over at his Dads one night a week but he doesn't have room for a proper cot at the mo.
Will a travel cot do?
TIA

Montifer Mon 13-Jul-09 19:33:36

I would say definitely OK, IMHO the only problem with them sleeping in travel cots is lifting them in and out is more strain on your back.

bettyboo26 Mon 13-Jul-09 19:36:35

Thanks Montifer.
Was the answer I was hoping for and its ExH's back that will be strained! Oh well! wink

LittleMonkeysMummy Mon 13-Jul-09 19:37:18

My DD is 16m and for the last 8 months or so she's stayed with her GP roughly once a week in a travel cot. No probs although as Montifer says can be a strain on your back.

thisisyesterday Mon 13-Jul-09 19:38:11

i'm sure it'd be fine.
but if he did want to get a proper cot then the ikea ones are fairly small, def no bigger than a travel cot i'm sure.

if you do end up using the travel cot though I know that mothercare sell better mattresses for them, which might be worth it

poppy34 Mon 13-Jul-09 19:38:34

The other thing is may not sleep as well as in a normal cot

Montifer Mon 13-Jul-09 19:48:37

Kiddicare do a great 'deluxe' travel cot mattress if you want a more comfy option for DS.

bettyboo26 Mon 13-Jul-09 22:44:08

Thanks so much for your advice.
Montifer, will defo order the 'delux' mattress, what a great idea. Thanks for the link smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 13-Jul-09 22:51:45

Will be fine, DS now premanently in a travel cot as he is a ver restless sleeper and use to bash his head and wake up. he sleeps on a folded up duvet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now