Talk

Advanced search

how to get a 10 mth old to nap with out feeding to sleep...?

(3 Posts)
sambo303 Sun 12-Jul-09 13:44:25

I have 9 weeks before going back to work and need to get my ds to go to sleep in the day without being fed to sleep.

I have tried twice this week to put him in his cot awake then return every 2-5 mins to resettle as he always sits/stands up and cries. He has got absolutely hysterical both times and I have ended up feeding him to calm him down and get him to sleep.

Any tips?

2catsand1rabbit Sun 12-Jul-09 14:04:36

He obviously likes to suck as he goes to sleep, as did my ds, and it doesn't sound like you use dummies. I started using a comfort blanket which he sucks to go to sleep. He'll now use anything, teddy bear, muslin, anything he can suck. Expect a few tears at first though!

sambo303 Mon 13-Jul-09 09:56:39

he does have a dummy when he goes to bed at night and at nap time. He just spits it out and stands up screaming in his cot. This morning he's been in his cot over an hour whinging and now crying. I have tried laying him down every time he sits up and sitting in the room with him so he doesnt think I've abandoned him. I laid him down over 200 times, putting his dummy back in. He's still screaming

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now