Talk

Advanced search

Competitive late bedtime thread

(18 Posts)
LeninGrad Sat 11-Jul-09 16:35:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 11-Jul-09 16:45:04

God you make me feel so much better, between 8 and 9 is what we aim for 10pm is a possibility, and beyond sometimes but we get a 7am rising aswell.

ShowOfHands Sat 11-Jul-09 16:45:09

DD, 2yrs 2 months is a late to bedder. She hasn't napped since turning 13 months and gets up at 8.30am ish. Bed is usually after 9pm, sometimes as late as midnight but around 9.30/10 most nights. She's happy though and isn't tired or fractious.

LeninGrad Sat 11-Jul-09 18:47:57

HuffwardlyRudge Sun 12-Jul-09 11:13:29

Is there a 'Competitive My Children Just Never Farking Sleep' thread? Mine don't go to bed at night until I am weeping with desperation. They are up before 5am every morning. They are regularly up for an hour or two (sometimes three) in the middle of the night. And they don't nap.

KnickKnack Sun 12-Jul-09 11:16:41

Sweet Jesus Huff, how on earth do you cope???

I think you've just won on all the competitive sleep related threads grin

melmog Sun 12-Jul-09 11:17:57

Hats off to Huff. You win on every thread!

Scotia Sun 12-Jul-09 11:18:21

LeninGrad, ds1 used to be like this about at the same age, and he didn't have a sleep in the day either. 1am was quite a normal time for him to eventually settle down to sleep! We were knackered grin He's 5 now and is usually asleep by 8pm(ish. Ds2 though is shaping up to be similar at only 5 1/2 months!

HuffwardlyRudge Sun 12-Jul-09 11:23:04

Hooray! I win.

Serves me right. I was complaining a couple of weeks ago that they nap all day and I can't go out.

I really really need to fix the sleeping insanity in this family. At 3am this morning I was very seriously wondering if it might be a good idea to go for a run, seeing as I was up anyway and there was no free bed for me to climb into. Fortunately I realised it was probably the sleep deprivation talking... grin

LeninGrad Sun 12-Jul-09 19:33:16

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 12-Jul-09 19:33:51

Well I have just been lambasted on another thread by not having DD in bed by 7.

LeninGrad Sun 12-Jul-09 19:37:03

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 12-Jul-09 19:40:07

I pick my battles, bed time is not one of them, would much prefer her to go to bed later and calmly then early and hysterical and then throsing up. Each to their own and this is what works with us.

LeninGrad Sun 12-Jul-09 19:46:43

CyradisTheSeer Sun 12-Jul-09 21:09:50

Message withdrawn

melmog Mon 13-Jul-09 06:39:03

I'm on the wrong thread anyway but just to let you know I'm not judging anyone.

You make your own choices in things like this. We've tried to get the dcs down by seven but purely for selfish reasons. We decided right from the start that our evenings together (dh and I) were precious and we'd rather suffer having to get up early. (Also, I can't stay awake much past nine myself unless I'm drunk)

I have changed my mind now though but it is too late. Both dc are pulling ears and grizzly from about six onwards so can't push it back. Even if we do manage it now they wake up at the same stupid time, or earlier.

Ideally, I'd like them to go to bed at six and wake up at eightish. smile

LeninGrad Mon 13-Jul-09 08:44:36

melmog Mon 13-Jul-09 08:56:35

I like the sound of that. If you find a nice extended family to join I'll come too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now