Talk

Advanced search

DS2 has me on the edge. Advice, hand holding, kick up the bum all needed.

(3 Posts)
JamInMyWellies Thu 09-Jul-09 09:15:54

DS2 is 29 wks and I really thought he would be sleeping better by now.

He is waking around 3hours after initailly going to bed and then he can wake up to 3 times after this. I have been BF him at each waking apart from the first waking around 10pm when he has a FF. I have been really trying to go with the flow and not compare him to DS1 who slept through at 3mth.

After some particularily shocking nights we have tried to leave him to cry a bit or do shush pat or pick him up and cuddle him also some half hearted CC. The problem is I am too knackered to properly deal with him during the night as we have a "spirited" 2yr old who really is very demanding. Also if DS1 is woken by DS2 he really is even more hard work than normal. Plus DP by his own admission is a ruddy nightmare during the night and I am pretty much left to it on the odd occasion he has helped at night he is so vile the next day its easier to let him sleep. He has promised to help this time and he will keep a lid on his grumpiness the next day. I do not want this post to turn into a DP bashing he knows he is rubbish as do I. grin

So my questions is CC how to do it is it worth it?

Please hold my hand and tell me it will be alright and that he wont still be waking at 5yrs old wanting some boob in the night. Oh and he is on 3 meals a day now and when he feeds in the night its def just for a bit of comfort he is not properly feeding. He also has a dummy and a taggie. I know I know giving him sleep aids prob doesnt help the problem but since having the taggie he has slept better. He also naps brilliantly during the day and goes to bed awake.

Sorry for waffling any advice gratefully recieved.

AprilMeadow Thu 09-Jul-09 09:31:34

Nightmare!!

Well..... as you know there are a lot of us in the mean mummies club who will tell you that CC is definitely the way forward. I wish to god that i had done it with J - still have sleep issues and he is 4. I tried it with E and only had to do it for a short time. It is hard and can be heartbreaking for you to hear them cry but you have to really stick with it.

Do you think he is sleeping too much in the day? When does he have his last nap?

Could you perhaps try giving him water when he wakes in the night..... does he really need boob at 7mths? perhaps it is just a habit he has. If he wakes and all he gets is water he might well just give up.....

Does this make sense? I think i may have waffled....pg brain and all

JamInMyWellies Thu 09-Jul-09 15:19:36

Thanks AM, posted and ran out this morning.

Anyone else out there with any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now