Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pillow for 9 month old..

(11 Posts)
mmmmchocolate Tue 17-May-05 22:32:38

DD is sound asleep in cot with a pillow, she wakes quiet a few times in night normally and last couple of nights has slept with me on a pillow as she has has a cold. I have put a pillow in her cot tonight am i mad?????

mummytummy Tue 17-May-05 22:34:51

I had heard some time ago that you shouldn't give them a pillow until they're over 1 year old, although I don't know why.

tweetyfish Tue 17-May-05 22:39:18

Mine had a pillow around then. You know your baby best, if you think she'll be ok, won't try an wriggle underneath or has the strength to move it, then I would. But like mummytummy says, it is discouraged by professionals.

Frizbe Tue 17-May-05 22:40:35

you could always stick the pillow under the matress cover if your worried?

mummytummy Tue 17-May-05 22:41:58

That's a good idea Frizbe.

janeybops Tue 17-May-05 22:42:19

when my babies had colds I used to put the pillow under the mattress or tilt the whole cot a bit by putting some books under the legs.

Ulysees Tue 17-May-05 22:45:07

I'd put something under too. I also used to put a drop of olbas oil on a tissue either on the floor or out close but out of reach.

fatmomma Tue 17-May-05 22:47:52

My ds has had a pillow since he was six months and has never even moved it let alone wriggled under it. I think there is a concern that babies may get under it somehow and not get out again, FSID say no pillows until a year.

I found propping the cot up with books etc. just meant he slid down the cot and ended up in a snotty heap at the bottom. I never thought of putting the pillow under the mattress cover (doh!).

mmmmchocolate Tue 17-May-05 22:49:22

i have tried tilting the vot but she just moves around so much ends up up side down wronf way up, so will be tilted the wrong way. By now she is normally other way up but with pillow she is still lying peacefully on her back, and last two nights with me has not moved at all....

meggymoo Tue 17-May-05 22:50:43

Message withdrawn

mmmmchocolate Tue 17-May-05 22:55:14

will put pillow under sheet tomorrow night, don't really want to distrib her she is doing so well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now