Talk

Advanced search

Any advice please for a 15 month old change of sleep?!! HELP PLEASE!! CRACKING UP!

(11 Posts)
myweestars Tue 07-Jul-09 09:12:06

Nay help.advice would be appreciated please as I am not coping! My 15 month old has suddenly just changed! DS used to go down at 7pm straight to cot and fall asleep right away, no probs! Would wakend a few times during the night for dummy but always go back, always beena bit of an early riser. Since last week he is now point black refusing to go to cot, I have left him for half hour screaming but he is not calming down and I have to get him up. Now I am finding he gets himself in a state as soon as bedtime has come and we enter the bedroom! The only way to get him to settle is to stick him in the buggy in front of TV until he falls asleep and then take him up to bed! How will I ever get him back to going straight to bed again?! He also now wakens about 1am and refuses to go back to sleep so is in our bed from that time! I can't leave him to cry at that time as other DS aged 3 would waken!! HELP PLEASE!

myweestars Tue 07-Jul-09 09:34:38

Anyone out there with advice/tips?!

ImOverHere Tue 07-Jul-09 09:38:35

At about 15 mths my DD changed from cot to toddler bed and it really helped her. I think she just didn't like the enclosed feeling of the cot. I was initially worried that she would just keep getting out, but she didn't. Have you got a bede you can move him to?

I wouldn't leave him screaming if you can, that might just upset him more and put a bit of fear into bed time for him.

You might also find the No Cry Sleep Solution book by Elizabeth Pantley quite good. It helped us.

myweestars Tue 07-Jul-09 09:40:59

Thanks Imoverhere. Not got a bed I can move him into at mo, my year old is in a cotbed but 15 mth is just a cot! I've stopped leaaving him to cry now and have reverted to puting him right in the buggy where he falls asleep quite happily! Didnt really want this to be the normal bedtime routine though!

ImOverHere Tue 07-Jul-09 09:46:31

Is getting him a bed out of the question? I don't think they are massivly expensive (try ebay) - you can always sell the cot to help pay for it (that's if your not planning on having any more babies).

Try playing a lot with him in his room in the day time. Make it a nice fun place to be with lots of happy daytime memories. Maybe try a night light in their, read stories to him and sing with him when he;s in his cot. Anything to make it a happy relaxed place for himn.

Got to go now 4mth DS got 3rd set of injections sad this am. Hopefully others will be along soon with more advice but I'll come back and bump for you later if not.

myweestars Tue 07-Jul-09 09:52:45

Thanks for your advice. Thing is I'm not sure about getting him a bed at mo (he's not walking properly, just around the furniture) so would rather wait until he is at the walking stage so that he is not rolling and falling out!

He is in his room with his brother to play sometimes and he seems quite relaxed with this. Problem is he is only ever in his cot when it is bedtime, he's never been one for napping in there during the day, like my other DS, he naps i the buggy during the day or in the car!

Hopefully this is just a phase! It's hard though when you are trying to settle him and get him to sleep before it's older DS's bedtime!

myweestars Tue 07-Jul-09 09:53:08

PS Good luck with the injections!

ImOverHere Tue 07-Jul-09 10:54:47

I'm back. All ok with injections. you know its the right thing but it's still sad to see them cry.

Is he maybe over tired? try a little
earlier bed time?

~It is a pain when they mess about at bed. I hope it sorts out soon for you.

myweestars Tue 07-Jul-09 11:01:17

I know, it's cruel having to put then through that pain!

Yeh I thought about being overtired as well and also the heat that's not helping, fingers crossed it will change for the better soon!

Thanks for your comments though.

ches Wed 08-Jul-09 03:51:24

My money is on he's getting his molars and it bloody hurts.

hairymelons Wed 08-Jul-09 20:17:31

Hiya
My 12mth old son isn't a great sleeper to begin with but just had a terrible week with him- pretty sure it was the heat and teething as 2 molars have popped through! He's settled down the last 2 nights. Hope yours does too
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now