Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4 month DD still crying most of the evening. Going slowly crazy.

(2 Posts)
Elsy Mon 06-Jul-09 10:23:32

My 4 month old DD has been colicy in the evening since she was born. In the early weeks she was happy to cluster feed and would eventually fall into a deep sleep at about 10. Now she falls asleep at 7 but wakes about 40 minutes later and will cry hysterically for about 2 hours. She's not really interested in feeding during this period - sometimes she'll suck the breast half-heartedly, but as soon as I put her into the cot she'll start crying again. I spend most of the evening in and out of her room.

I am finding it really difficult to cope as have a 2 year old as well and am absolutely exhausted by 7. I really thought the colicy symptoms would have disappeared by now. Has anyone had experience of long-lasting colic - and when did it finally go away?

thisisyesterday Mon 06-Jul-09 10:28:47

my top tip- get a sling! pop her in and just wear her in the evenings. that means you don't have to keep going in and out of her room and hopefully she'll be happy in the sling and you'll have hands free to get on with other stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now