Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

moses basket mattresses

(3 Posts)
smeraldina Sun 05-Jul-09 23:38:24

Sorry if this has been done before. I've had a search but can't find the exact advice I'm looking for.

First baby is due in a few weeks - and the mattress that's arrived with the moses basket seems a bit bleak to me. A thin wedge of plastic covered foam (it was from John Lewis). Is it worth getting an upgrade? There's something involving coolmax from Mothercare? And all sorts of coir, or coir and wool type things available online. In people's experience, especially in this sort of weather, what sort of mattress might help a newborn sleep better (if anything will) - and recommendations gratefully received

Many thanks

MintChocAddict Sun 05-Jul-09 23:44:38

Not much help to you but we had the basic moses basket matress as you described above and DS slept like a baby - so to speak. grin
It didn't really occur to me to upgrade it but I'm sure someone'll be along soon to give you some advice. Best wishes for the arrival of your new wee one. smile

RunJHC Mon 06-Jul-09 17:40:47

Hi we've got the same basket from John Lewis by the sound of it and I thought exactly the same as you about the mattress looking thin/uncomfortable.

When DS was born (now 4 months) he wouldn't sleep in basket at all so we ended up co-sleeping for 5 weeks (which was actually quite lovely looking back smile). Now, like MintChoc, I've found he has no problem sleeping in the basket and seems to find the mattress fine.

Maybe worth a try before splashing out on a more expensive mattress? You won't use it for that long - DS will have to go in cot soon as getting too big for basket, and he's quite a small baby.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now