Talk

Advanced search

HELP!! 8 month old waking for cuddles!

(6 Posts)
Dumpy Tue 17-May-05 10:49:19

My 8 month old has been brilliant at going to sleep on her own since she was born, but for the past few weeks she has started waking at 12am and 3am every night, crying, well its more like a moaning noise! Ive tried soothing her in her cot, that doesn't work. I've tried offering her a drink of water, that doesn't work either. So I end up picking her up for a cuddle and she goes back to sleep. Then as soon as I put her back down, she starts crying again! I'm usually naughty and give her a breastfeed cos I'm so tired! She is teething at the moment but she doesn't cry as if in pain so I know it's not that. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get her to sleep through?? (She hasn't slept through the night at all yet!)

beansprout Tue 17-May-05 10:51:33

Hmm, I think my 6.5m is doing the same. He screams when I put him down but is as happy as Larry when I pick him up. Doesn't usually take too long to settle him but I had got used to having my evenings to myself (doh!)

teeavee Tue 17-May-05 11:03:40

mine was doing the same thing at 8 months. I too used to breastfeed - if only to get back to sleep sooner! But only for short bursts, iykwim
He is now almost 10months, and is sleeping through.
I think it's teething.
Also, , I don't know what you're using, but I am now putting my son to sleep in a gro-bag, as he was kicking off his blankets and getting a bit cold at around 3/4am, then waking up.
He has definitely been sleeping better since I started this.

koalabear Tue 17-May-05 11:08:12

this is what we did

this

koalabear Tue 17-May-05 11:14:32

theory in book really works (as long as baby isn't waking for other reasons, such as teething, hungry, thirsty etc)

Ds still wakes up occassionally, but now we know when he does it is for a reason

Mel06 Fri 20-May-05 13:43:30

My DD has started to do this at 4am. She is nearly 11 mths and has always been a very good sleeper. I have read all the books and am now trying CC. At first I thought it was teething but as it happens at the same time every morning I've decided that its a habit. She does sometimes sleep from 7pm - 7am and her room is blacked out. These things seem to go in phases !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now