is this a bad routine

(12 Posts)
bumbly Sat 04-Jul-09 21:52:52

nearly two

wakes up 7am

nap 2-3 to 5-6..most times - 1/3rd of times only one hour

sleep 9:30 ish cuz otherwise not tired

i knowis late but if wakes up at 6pm surely needs to get tired again

i hope does not drop nap soon as is my only free time but i know 9:30 may seem late too

thisisyesterday Sat 04-Jul-09 21:54:04

if it works for you and your child then it's fine!

cornsilk Sat 04-Jul-09 21:55:02

Sounds fine to me. Has somebody said something?

bumbly Sat 04-Jul-09 21:57:10

neighbours looked at me real bad today when little one was playing in garden at 8:30

got gut feeling - oh dear am i doing this wrong?

then huge tantrum as tried to put him to bed routine at 9 but nothing to do with being tired...just going through a phase of wanting everytings his own way

but i did feel that i bet neighbours think am bad mum with all that screaming

littleboyblue Sat 04-Jul-09 21:57:53

That's fine if it works for all of you. It's not like a 2 year old has to be up and ready for school at a certain time or anything.

thisisyesterday Sat 04-Jul-09 21:58:27

well, it's none of the neighbours business.

it is unusual I would say, for most 2 yr olds to be up and out at that time. but like I say, if it works for you then it's absolutely fine.

cornsilk Sat 04-Jul-09 21:58:43

Ignore the neighbours. His routine is absolutely fine. Do they have children?

cornsilk Sat 04-Jul-09 21:59:10

Mine were both up at about 6-7 at that age.

bumbly Sat 04-Jul-09 22:01:10

thanks - yes wakes uo form nap 5-6 simply cannot expect him to sleep at 7

no they dont have children but what do i say to them when once lareayd they have asked ot keep noise down?

littleboyblue Sat 04-Jul-09 22:01:59

My ds1 is 2 and gets in the shower at abot 7pm and is washed, dried and ready for bed between half past and 8pm.
Last night, he was up until just gone 10pm because he'd napped alot in the day.
There's no point putting a child to bed if they won't go to sleep (within reason).
I wouldn't worry about the neighbours, who cares what they think. You know your child and you know when and how much sleep s/he needs.
You're not doing anything wrong at all. You have found a routine tat suits your child. Perfect IMO

cornsilk Sat 04-Jul-09 22:02:56

I share your pain! I have similar neighbours. They are being unreasonable. Tell them that you will do your best and then do what you think is right. They'll live.

bumbly Sat 04-Jul-09 22:04:28

;)

ignoring the neighbour thing...

was just curious in case was only person in world who had kids napping till 5-6pm and then obviously putting lo to sleep bit later

thanks for support!

you are all stars!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now