Talk

Advanced search

Waking early again!!

(5 Posts)
rena Tue 17-May-05 07:05:24

hi, I'm new here! Having major early waking problems with my one year old and noticed what some said in a thread in April about moving morning sleep later. Wondering how to do that without afternoon nap getting later and later too? He was waking at 6:30 for ages then suddenly 5:15 - 5:30 for last two weeks or so. Been trying to push sleep till later for two days. Yesterday took him back to bed with me for extra 45 mins then he slept from 12:30 ish to 1:15 ish in afternoon, but he woke this morning at 4:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!! He is really tired by the time I get him to bed at 7:30. I think I have just made things worse. Maybe it will take me a week to get him back to waking at 5:30? What do you think?

Our black out blinds do have light coming in at the sides. Read thread about blackout blinds and think I must try the card in the window technique, but I love having daylight in his room in the daytime.

Almost paid the £40 to join gina fords web help!! But can't afford it. Getting desperate as gone back to work 3 days.
Cheers
Rena
xx

rena Tue 17-May-05 07:08:04

Actually wrote that yesterday but wouldnt post. decided to not go to him till 6. he woke at 4.50 and cried till 6. i had put toys in the cot, but he ignored them. does anyone know the best place to buy card?
blessings
rena

elsmommy Tue 17-May-05 07:10:27

How old is he?

funnyonion Tue 17-May-05 08:17:47

My DS is a great fan of waking up early, 5-5.30am was/is his favourite. I'm afraid we decided to grin and bare it after trying all sorts of techniques including trying to move his am nap later, we also tried puting him to bed later but found that the later he went to bed the worse he slept!!My DS has just turned 1yr and we have just started to drop his am nap, fingers crossed dare i say it.......it seems to be helping. He seems to be waking up at 6-6.30am. If he does wake at 5.30am i BF him and he goes back to sleep until 6.30-7am.Could you try dropping the am nap? Will your DS go back to sleep if he feeds? Haven't really got any solid advice,but i know how you feel waking up before the birds just isn't natural!!

rena Wed 18-May-05 06:45:24

Ethan is one just. I tried cutting out the morning sleep, but he just woke up at 4.30 am instead. It's taken me three nights to get him back to 5.10 by putting his sleeps back to how they are. I strongly suspect in his case it is light coming through the sides of his blind and possibly the birds. Need thick black card

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now