Talk

Advanced search

9 month old started waking with a shriek and seems scared!!!! Help

(5 Posts)
CannellK Tue 30-Jun-09 22:35:08

9 month old DS has been great sleeper since 4 months but last few nights has been waking up at night with a shriek- really loud scream that he never makes in the day. When DH and I go to him he looks genuinely shook up and scared, after a cuddle he'll eventually go to sleep but we're worried that hes so upset. Hes a very happy , active a social baby in the day who loves new people and doesn't really have any evidence of separation anxiety which is what others have seemed to suggest.... so were puzzled about whats going on. He has recently started cruising and really getting around swiftly and also having more trouble going down for naps which was never the case as he loved his sleep- now just stands up of sits up in cot and plays with grobag or sopft toys!!!! Help what do we do?

ches Fri 03-Jul-09 03:34:10

Teething? (Night waking part.) The standing/sitting is just him getting mobile and wanting to explore. Wait until separation anxiety hits and he also yells when you leave the room. hmm

lulalullabye Fri 03-Jul-09 03:38:22

Dd1 did this. It only lasted a few nights, but it took a very big cuddle to calm her down. The problem is at this stage that they have such active minds, and everything is changing. Whta might upset them could be them not getting a toy or something like that. Don't worry, it's just one of their little phases.

CannellK Fri 03-Jul-09 13:49:50

Thanks everyone, its been a week of him doing the night screaming every night now, a cuddle seems to calm hium quite quickly though. Hope it wont last long....

katherine2008 Fri 03-Jul-09 14:25:45

my dd did it for about 2 weeks, and I'm sure it was teeth moving around.. although at 10 months we still don't have any... (!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now