Talk

Advanced search

3 yo goes to bed much earlier that 1 yo - could/should I try to change it?

(6 Posts)
captaincogsworth Tue 30-Jun-09 21:47:57

I sound a bit dense but we are brand new adopters so this is all new to me!! Great - but new. We feel a bit unfair that our eldest goes to bed about an hour before our 1 yo. Is it worth trying to change it or will it result in wailings??!!!

Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated!!!

A novice!grin

LaTrucha Tue 30-Jun-09 21:56:40

Why do they go to bed earlier? IF DC1 is tired, bed it is I would think.

What times do they go to bed?

Congratulations, BTW!

captaincogsworth Tue 30-Jun-09 22:00:05

Thanks.
DC1 goes between 6.30 and 7pm and DC2 about 7.30 - 8pm. Not sure if it's even a problem but just doesn't sit quite right with me. It's an inherited routine BTW. We are more than happy to change it but want to get it right the first time IYSWIM.

ImOverHere Tue 30-Jun-09 22:00:13

Are they both happy with the situation and are they getting enough sleep and alright during the day? If they are then I'd leave it myself, or at least make the change for 1yo slowly, bringing bed time forward by 10 mins or so every few days til its the same as 3yo or earlier.

And congrates from me to you too.

LaTrucha Tue 30-Jun-09 22:06:20

IF they're happy, I don't see why not. I agree with Imoverhere if you want to change it.

captaincogsworth Wed 01-Jul-09 19:15:08

Thanks. It's all so new!! Think LO is teething now but we seem to be getting settled. The gap is getting smaller gradualy as you suggested Imoverhere - thanks. We'll see what time we get woken up tomorrow morning!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now