Talk

Advanced search

Right, I need help please! DD is driving me crazy!

(5 Posts)
VinoEsmeralda Tue 30-Jun-09 21:37:04

DD (3.11) has never slept much but she just doesnt seem to know how to go to sleep! She wakes up at 6.30am and doesnt sleep during the day, goes to bed between 6.30-7pm but usually stays awake till 9pm-9.30 and wont be quiet! She is knackered and very grumpy when she comes back from her 2 hour pre school session and usually not at her best in the morning too!

So far we have tried:
Reward chart (works for about one day and she says she cant be bothered)

Taking toys away/Less bed time stories - again this works for a short while but then we fall back in old routine.

I have tried (many times)the staying in the room but ignore her technique. Asa she comes out of bed I put her back in it without talking or looking at her. (the record is 68 times!)

Can anyone recommend a good book or other techniques? I am so fed up with having a screaming banshee for most of the time.

many thanks for reading to here!

ches Wed 01-Jul-09 05:16:12

Have you tried a lullabye CD?

VinoEsmeralda Wed 01-Jul-09 09:54:36

Thank you Ches - never heard of this but will google it

woodlands35 Mon 06-Jul-09 17:57:22

hi vino , don't have much advice im afraid as im going through the same with my 3yr old ,
68 shock mine is 15 SO FAR sad

thisisyesterday Mon 06-Jul-09 18:00:46

i know this may sound really stupid, but have you tried getting her to bed any earlier???
she may just be so overtired by the end of the day that she can't get to sleep. and then it's a vicious circle of not getting to sleep, so getting less sleep, so nbeing too tired, and so on...

get a good bedtime routine set up, tea at 5pm, bath at half past, story at ten to and in bed by6 for esxample?

then just settle her down and tell her you have some jobs to do upstairs but that you'll come and check on her in a bit, that she needs to stay in bed and rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now