Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 yr old buggering doing emotional blackmail at bedtime.

(6 Posts)
nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:03:26

Not conciously obviously, but God is it hard going.

He has gone to sleep on his own since he was months old and apart form a few months at Christmas just passed, been a great wee sleeper.
However, he is now a big boy nd knows that there is fun to be had of an evening so is naturally a bit resistant to bedtime, but not too bad. THat is until last night when he started the "You stay with me" nonsense. I do not mind cuddling him until he is asleep now and then, but he tried it again tonight and int he end we left him to it and he wailed for a bout 20 mins before passing out - not ideal. And of course he woke last night at midnight, found me gone, and I spent the reswt of the night in th epasre bed with him pummelling me.hmm

I am sure this is a common phase, isn't it? Any top tips? I am very wary of starting bad habits at this stage.

nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:04:24

Oops, missed the 'about' between buggering and doing in title. blush

Twims Sun 28-Jun-09 20:04:58

Agree with the bad habits - just tell him its bedtime and put him to bed, ignore the tantrums and just leave him to it - he'll soon find out it's boring making all this fuss when you don't get anything out of it.

nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:07:46

I think that's the line we will take thanks Twims. I just hate hearing him sob his little heart out. sad

ChasingSquirrels Sun 28-Jun-09 20:09:11

mine is currently lying there chanting "me want daddy, me want daddy" (we are separated). Most bedtime antics I can cope with, not so sure on this one....

nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:23:56

Ooh, that is a tough one, Squirrels. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now