Talk

Advanced search

3 yr old buggering doing emotional blackmail at bedtime.

(6 Posts)
nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:03:26

Not conciously obviously, but God is it hard going.

He has gone to sleep on his own since he was months old and apart form a few months at Christmas just passed, been a great wee sleeper.
However, he is now a big boy nd knows that there is fun to be had of an evening so is naturally a bit resistant to bedtime, but not too bad. THat is until last night when he started the "You stay with me" nonsense. I do not mind cuddling him until he is asleep now and then, but he tried it again tonight and int he end we left him to it and he wailed for a bout 20 mins before passing out - not ideal. And of course he woke last night at midnight, found me gone, and I spent the reswt of the night in th epasre bed with him pummelling me.hmm

I am sure this is a common phase, isn't it? Any top tips? I am very wary of starting bad habits at this stage.

nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:04:24

Oops, missed the 'about' between buggering and doing in title. blush

Twims Sun 28-Jun-09 20:04:58

Agree with the bad habits - just tell him its bedtime and put him to bed, ignore the tantrums and just leave him to it - he'll soon find out it's boring making all this fuss when you don't get anything out of it.

nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:07:46

I think that's the line we will take thanks Twims. I just hate hearing him sob his little heart out. sad

ChasingSquirrels Sun 28-Jun-09 20:09:11

mine is currently lying there chanting "me want daddy, me want daddy" (we are separated). Most bedtime antics I can cope with, not so sure on this one....

nickytwotimes Sun 28-Jun-09 20:23:56

Ooh, that is a tough one, Squirrels. sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: