Talk

Advanced search

6 Month old - too much sleep at night???!!

(7 Posts)
tinybaba Thu 25-Jun-09 20:15:33

My 6MO needs about 16-17 hours sleep a day. She has just started sleeping through the night and last night slept from 6.30pm until 6am, quick feed and then back to bed. Thought she would sleep for another hour but I woke at 8.30am and had to get her up!. She then had 2 naps today totalling about 2.5 hours. Bliss!!.

Part of me thinks this is great (after 6 months of getting up all through the night) but I also feel a little guilty. I make sure we are busy when she is awake, but we have just started weaning (BLW) so she seems to spend most of the day either sleeping or eating. She is bright and alert but will this hinder her development at all?. Should I be getting her up earlier in the morning?. Does anyone else's baby sleep this long overnight?

MildredRoper Thu 25-Jun-09 20:23:19

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, if she's bright and alert when awake. One thing I've learned is that you don't have to be constantly stimulating them for them to learn and develop. They are little sponges.

Make the most of it while it lasts, because it probably won't!

nolongerchunkybutstillapudding Fri 26-Jun-09 10:23:06

Grrrrrrr.am so jealous.stop worrying!my ds is 17 months and I would sell my soul to get one nights sleep like you are describing!

ches Sat 27-Jun-09 02:34:58

She's warming up for her 6 month growth spurt. Muwahahahaha. envy

differentnameforthis Sat 27-Jun-09 06:53:16

My yr old has 12 hours at night & 2x 2 hour naps at present.

Enjoy the peace while she is asleep! You never know when it will change.

Tambajam Sat 27-Jun-09 07:16:30

I have a friend with an 18 month old who sleeps from 8pm to 8.30am. Then naps from 1.30-4.30pm. (compared to my daughter who sleeps 11hrs in 24hrs)
He has always slept a ton. He is verbal and bright and full of energy. It hasn't affected his development at all.

tinybaba Sun 28-Jun-09 00:05:59

Well it's all gone pear shaped tonight.
It was nice while it lasted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now