Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lack of sleep one upmanship

(8 Posts)
HuffwardlyRudge Mon 22-Jun-09 11:32:37

I know I can't be the only one who when some red-eyed, grey circled mum wearily complains that their little darling was up at 6 again this morning thinks "SIX O FECKIN CLOCK?? WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE TO SLEEP IN UNTIL SIX O CLOCK!!"

My friend was saying that this week is hard because her 1-year-old is teething so he's been up at around 12 for calpol every night. I sat making clucky sympathetic noises but secretly thinking "PAH! ONLY UP ONCE IN THE NIGHT? I TOTALLY WIN TIREDNESS!"

Go on, are you a lack of sleep hard ass too? Tell me it's not just me who has a (secret) twisted pride in how little sleep I manage on grin.

pasturesnew Mon 22-Jun-09 11:35:36

ha ha ha ha so with you on this!

HuffwardlyRudge Mon 22-Jun-09 16:19:30

I knew it couldn't be just me grin.

Alishanty Mon 22-Jun-09 21:44:11

I know what you mean. Someone I know said it was really hard as her lo (about the same age as mine) had been waking twice a night. I was sat there thinking, 'try being up 5-6 times, then talk to me about tiredness! I would LOVE to only be woken twice, that's a good night lol!

TrinityRhino Mon 22-Jun-09 21:45:59

I know exactly what you mean

when I hear a mum say she just cant cope as her dd hasn't started sleeping through and she is six months I want to strangle them

gecko is 2.3 and still wakes every two to three hours

4andnotout Mon 22-Jun-09 21:48:40

I thought it was just me but my dp is always doing this, if i say that dd4 had me up 3 times in the night then dd4 has to have had him up 4 times hmm Funnily he always seems to be snoring when i get up to tend to dd4 hmm

norktasticninja Mon 22-Jun-09 22:16:36

Ha! I know exactly what you mean! A friend complained yesterday that her 23 month old DD has started waking up at 7am instead of 9am... Mmmm, 12 hours of uninterrupted baby sleep instead of 14. Though stuff.

I have a newborn and a 19 month old early waker hmm

norktasticninja Mon 22-Jun-09 22:18:46

<when wandering off halfway through replying never always refresh before posting>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now