Talk

Advanced search

My baby wakes up crying :(

(4 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Sun 21-Jun-09 11:00:01

She's 9 mo now but has done it since she was tiny. I don't mean she wakes up and cries, her face crumples while she's still asleep then she wakes up crying. It's so sad Where/when she sleeps doesn't seem to make a difference - she has just done it while asleep on my lap (usually her favourite place to sleep). Doesn't seem to happen at night though.

Any thoughts on why she does this? Or is it just one of those things?

ChocOrange05 Sun 21-Jun-09 21:31:27

Does she calm when you go to her/pick her up?

Do you try and get her to spend time awake in her cot - I always leave DS in his cot in the morning/after naps and put his mobile on to make it a happy place to be. But I guess if she wakes up crying this would be difficult?

DitaVonCheese Sun 21-Jun-09 22:18:22

She generally only calms down if she gets boob and won't calm down until she does. She actually naps in her chair/car seat most of the time - she used to be happy there awake but has learned to climb out of her chair now! I don't think she's happy at all in her cot awake at the moment - she tends to get bored fast and start crying. We've never tried sleep training or anything and she used to lie in there quite happily while I got dressed in the morning, so not really sure why she's taken against it.

ChocOrange05 Mon 22-Jun-09 09:07:26

Have you tried giving her toys to play with while she is in her cot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now