Talk

Advanced search

Help! Need some advice

(9 Posts)
MuppetsMuggle Sun 14-Jun-09 20:31:15

My DD aged 4 has all of a sudden decided she wants to stay awake till 1-2am everynight, and waking at roughly 7.30am getting in and out of bed, calling me so I feel like a yoyo.

This isn't like her, from a very early age she has slept right through 7pm-7am.
is also not like she hasn't done anything as shes been on the go constantly iykwim.

I'm not feeling 100% at the moment I've recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis, among also having trochanteric bursitis, sacro illiac dysfuntion, sciatica, and borderline thyroids.

I feel so exhausted, any advice i'd be grateful.

MuppetsMuggle Sun 14-Jun-09 20:39:58

bumping

MuppetsMuggle Sun 14-Jun-09 20:59:55

MuppetsMuggle Sun 14-Jun-09 21:16:04

please, any advice really appreciated

MuppetsMuggle Mon 15-Jun-09 09:25:36

bumping

MuppetsMuggle Mon 15-Jun-09 10:05:27

please please please give me some advice

jammietart Mon 15-Jun-09 11:22:03

Sorry, no advice other than it is probably just a phase. Be consistent, return her to bed without too much interaction and repeat the phrase 'time for bed now DD'.

My DS did this when he was 3.8 for a few months when DD was born having previously slept for 12/13 hours a night. Its a bit of a shock to the system when you have had a good sleeper.

HullabaLuLu Mon 15-Jun-09 11:22:37

Oh MuppetsMuggle, I am sorry you've had to bump this so much and to hear of your health problems.

I feel like I type the same response over and over on here so if you've read this already I apologise...

4 months seems to be a time for sleep regression (google it, you find all kinds!). It is horrible though, my dd started this around the same time after sleeping in 6 hour blocks. She's 20 weeks now and we're still not great.

I've just posted here about how I cope.

Lastly, there is a 4-5 month sleep thread for just this kind of post. Join us for a chat about sleep - it gives you hope when the frequent wakers start sleeping again.

MuppetsMuggle Mon 15-Jun-09 12:55:00

thanks girls, I was beginning to think people were ignoring me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now