Talk

Advanced search

2 year old just started waking in the night

(6 Posts)
bumpsnowjustplump Fri 12-Jun-09 09:22:17

hi my DD who was 2 in march has just started waking in the night. When she wakes she is hysterically crying and calling for mummy or daddy...

In February we had our ds, but have made a conscious effort to involve her throughout and she absolutely adores her brother.. We dont leave her out at all but DS has been very poorly with reflux so has taken up a lot of our time.

Also DD is going through a slightly naughty stage and so has been told off (not excessively though)recently...

She has only been waking in the last week and there is nothing new being introduced then but i am worried that she is unhappy about something and this is why she is waking... When i ask her she says she doesn't know.

What with a newborn and this I am exhausted (I ended up sleeping on her bedroom floor again last night from 1) but am moor worried that she is not happy or worried about something....

sleepsforwimps Fri 12-Jun-09 09:52:12

My dd started doing the same around the same age (she also has a younger brother) realised in the end it coincided with her back teeth coming through. Could this be a possibility with your dd? My dd started sleeping again once they were through.

bumpsnowjustplump Fri 12-Jun-09 11:57:39

She is showing teeting signes so yes that could be it.. Thanks

sorky Fri 12-Jun-09 12:56:46

Ds2 has had a few nights of the same and we think it's his teeth.
We just ask if he wants to come into our bed, sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't, but both ways he tends to settle.

julesisoneyearolder Fri 12-Jun-09 15:49:23

i would say teeth i would give calpol worked for my dd1

Starshinetiger Fri 12-Jun-09 20:26:54

Hey BNJP - had similar with DS recently and coincided with DD being born - thought he was getting disturbed by her, then discovered (a few weeks into waking blush) that his lower back pre-molars were half through! Before we realised this, I thought he was having nightmares/upset about something, but seems better now. Sounds like this is common - top back pre-molars coming through now, so getting a bit of same too. Recommend calpol and teething gel/powders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now