Talk

Advanced search

bed rail or guard for co-sleeping

(7 Posts)
dorisbonkers Wed 10-Jun-09 11:01:28

Hi. I've moved and have a new Warren Evans bed (no sides, just the mattress that sits on the slatted base) and wondered if there is a bed guard that would be good for co-sleeping. My daughter's 7 months now and rolling and mobile (and fell off the bed the other day -- not a co-sleeping thing, but turned around to get something out of a drawer) and our floors are resin so I really don't ever want her to fall off again (she was ok though)

Up until now I have had her in the middle or used pillows or had the bed against the wall (not an option here) but since we got back to the UK my husband wants to have a couple of glasses of wine of an evening so I should have her on my side.

Are any good and high enough (to take account of a 20 inch mattress?)

Thanks

Mij Wed 10-Jun-09 11:38:47

20 inch mattress??!! Really?

We used a travel one - it's mesh (so when DD jammed her face in it in the middle of the night she neither hurt herself or restricted her breathing) and was plenty high enough even on my parents' deep sprung mattresses. We got it from ebay but I think it was Tomy...

dorisbonkers Wed 10-Jun-09 14:44:31

Sorry, think I meant 22 cm -- it is fairly thick.

Doh! Thanks for the tip though

Mij Wed 10-Jun-09 15:26:11

Actually, I think it was this one

We never used the 'fold down' function though - too bloody difficult to do!

Pinkjenny Wed 10-Jun-09 15:29:20

Mij - dd has that one too. I have to press the buttons at either end, and fold it down with my chin, it's bloody ridiculous!

coveredinsnot Wed 10-Jun-09 21:24:36

We've used the Baby Dan bed guards I think they're excellent, and portable so we've taken them away with us instead of a travel cot.

diedandgonetodevon Wed 10-Jun-09 21:30:44

Mothercare do one that is mesh and definitely high enough as our matress is about the same thickness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now