Talk

Advanced search

End day time nap or not??

(4 Posts)
DandD Wed 10-Jun-09 08:08:54

Hi all

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! My 21 month year old has become a pain at bedtime. If she has a sleep in the day it can be 8.30-9 before she goes to sleep and is always up at 6am so I have tried cutting down and out her daytime nap and then she goes to sleep at 7-7.30 but the problem is she has now started waking up at 5-5.30 and therefore starts to get tired again during the day. So I dont know whether to stick it out and keep her awake in the day in the hope that she will eventually start to sleep longer in the morning (will this happen??)or go back to a nap in the day and sacrifice my evenings??I have a nearly 3 year old too and am a stay at home mum so my evenings are normally my only chance to get a break from them. sad

Thanks x

spiderinthebath Wed 10-Jun-09 21:15:46

I think I would be tempted to reduce the daytime nap gradually, what time does she sleep in the day and for how long?

LucyBucy Wed 10-Jun-09 21:43:02

Hi I've got exactly the same problem at the moment - I'm just trying to give her a nap on the days she wakes up early. It's a bit messy but I'm hoping it won't last long...

L x

jellybelly25 Wed 10-Jun-09 21:59:19

What time and how long is the nap?

our dd2 (2.1) nap has reduced from 2 or more hours to 1 hour and it's earlier than before - like often goes to sleep between 11.30 and 12 rather than in afternoon. I set my alarm and wake her after an hour she's refreshed and happy and goes to bed much earlier than before and only takes 15 mins rather than an hour to settle.

She was getting up earlier but then we realised that was just force of habit and if she has her milk in bed at 6ish and snuggles then she usually goes back to sleep for another hour or so.

I personally think most kids still need a nap at this age otherwise the whole day becomes really unpleasant just to get an early bedtime... I say that just from watching people who have cut it out really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now