Talk

Advanced search

travel cots just one question?

(6 Posts)
mothersmilk Mon 08-Jun-09 14:59:59

can my ds 9 months sleep permenantly in a travel cot? obviously only untill he,s too big for it, iv just done cc and its been successful iv gone fron every 1-2 hr waking to 7-6 its heaven. only we had to move ds into dss room in a travel cot to do it as he will eventually share with dd (obviously couldnt put him in with her whilst doing it)
trouble is i put him back in his cot last night and it all went back to the normal 1-2 hr waking i dont want to go through it all again in his cot in our room can ijust let him sleep in the travel cot?
tia

ChildOfThe70s Mon 08-Jun-09 19:01:53

I don't think it's recommended that babies sleep permanently in a travel cot - the mattresses are not usually suitable - bumping this though in case others can give better advice

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Jun-09 19:11:25

agree, they aren't really suitable for permanent use

differentID Mon 08-Jun-09 19:17:50

the mattresses are far too thin for permanent use.
The only one I would even think of saying yes to is this one and then only with a regular mattress inside.

peasandbeans Mon 08-Jun-09 19:29:34

would the mattress from the cot fit inside?

Mumsnut Mon 08-Jun-09 19:34:03

You can buy 'proper' mattresses for travel cots (people pushed for space take this option). Have seen it on Mumsnet before - if you search, you might find a link. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now