Talk

Advanced search

So tell me about the 16wk sleep disturbances I hear about...

(3 Posts)
luxlisbon Fri 05-Jun-09 21:53:40

My DD is 15 weeks and so we are rapidly approaching the 16 week sleep disturbance that I have heard of.
So tell me, what should I expect, how long might it last and how did you deal with it???

specialmagiclady Fri 05-Jun-09 21:56:53

I didn't know it was an official thing. But I do remember both my kids being not too bad at sleeping at about 3 months. About 4 months they went back to newborn levels. They didn't improve again until they were good-and-weaned. And didn't sleep through 'til they were walking.

Not everyone gets it.

I mostly wept and beat my breast with number 1, with number 2 I tried to up his breast feeds and make sure he really concentrated on them when he had them. Plus I chucked DH out of bed and co-slept when I was too shattered to stay awake feeding all night.

HullabaLuLu Sun 07-Jun-09 13:30:24

4-5 month sleep.

This might explain what it's like. I joined when dd was 16 weeks and her sleep wasn't too bad (occassionally getting a 4 hour stretch) but recently we've had hourly wakings, hard to settle, early waking. It's exhausting. DD is 19 weeks.

I have no idea how long it lasts, I hope we're over the worst.... hmm

Feel free to join us (even if you're dd is sleeping well!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now