Talk

Advanced search

Toddler room is too hot!

(7 Posts)
Madigan Thu 04-Jun-09 13:15:43

My toddler's room (age 21 Months) is far too hot in this weather, both during the day and at nighttime. It is quite small, and for some reason gets hotter than any other room
. I do not like to leave the window open at night, for security reasons. I do not know what to do .... any suggestions???
Is a fan the only way forward? I am worried about DD getting her fingers caught in a fan though....
any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.

EffiePerine Thu 04-Jun-09 13:19:26

Can you nopen the window and close the curtains during the day, then close it when she's sleeping?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 04-Jun-09 13:20:41

How big is the window? Big enough for someone to climb in without you hearing??? Could you just leave it open a bit on a lock setting?

I'm guessing you're keeping the whole house as cool as pssible with all of the windows and doors open in the day, curtains drawn to keep direct sunlight out etc.

Fans do have covers so she won't be able to hurt herself but it will just blow warm air around the room.

What is she sleeping in atm?

Madigan Thu 04-Jun-09 13:20:52

Yeah I do that, but it does not seem to make any difference. TBH, even with the window open the room is hot.... it is above the kitchen downstairs, where we have an aga; and it is next door to the immersion heater ....

Madigan Thu 04-Jun-09 13:25:39

She sleeps in nappy plus 0.5 tog grobag. She will not sleep without a bag.

Madigan Thu 04-Jun-09 13:26:26

and yes, I am sufficiently paranoid to worry about someone getting in window .... and I would not necessarily hear them .....

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 04-Jun-09 13:59:09

Think a fan might be your next option then, or if you can stretch to it a small, portable air conditioning unit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now