Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's child NOT sleep in a bed?

(7 Posts)
jellybelly25 Wed 03-Jun-09 23:33:45

Odd question, but basically having nightmare with dd2 (2yo) sleep at the moment, and the best night she has had in a long time was on a big massive beanbag at my sister;s house and it was so noticeably better than normal that I was tempted to go buy one right away, but then remembered that I always make rash assumptions that some particular thing was the cause of her occasional through-the-night sleeps, desperately try to replicate it, and then inevitably end up disappointed.

But out of interest, does anyone else's dc sleep not on a bed or mattress?

At home, there are two big cushions next to her bed (supposed to stop her hurting herself if she fals off in night) and she seems much happier to sleep on those than on the bed. Is there anything wrong with that? I mean will it harm her development or anything?

Dysgu Wed 03-Jun-09 23:44:39

Or try putting her mattress on the floor.

Can't see it doing any harm either way.

Good luck.

jellybelly25 Thu 04-Jun-09 00:15:00

That's an idea.

I have noticed though that major changes to her room tend to set her back in terms of the willingness to go to sleep in there, so am hoping to keep the room the same for a while now (think i went overboard with trying to make it a nice place to sleep and ended up confusing her)

PortAndLemon Thu 04-Jun-09 00:22:51

DS insisted on (well, expressed a strong preference for and I couldn't see a reason to object) sleeping on the floor for about 6 months at one point (when he was around 2 and a bit to nearly 3, I think). He's happy to sleep in a bed now, though.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 04-Jun-09 00:26:17

Message withdrawn

jabberwocky Thu 04-Jun-09 00:27:25

Both of my boys have gone through a phase of not wanting to sleep in their bed. Ds1 like a little pallet of quilts on the floor of his bedroom. Ds2 has a little play tent that he is currently sleeping in most nights. We just shrugged and went along with it.

jellybelly25 Thu 04-Jun-09 00:29:41

Ok cool I will stop getting in a twist about it. Funny aren't they, I cannot imagine that it is more comfortable on a weird cushion with your head jammed up against a wardrobe than on a nice bed but hey, what do i know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now