Talk

Advanced search

Head Banging

(6 Posts)
Saacsmum Sat 07-May-05 23:26:39

Is there ever a safe age to use a bumper?. DS woke continuously from 1am this morning by banging his head on the rails of the cot. Tried tucking him in really tightly but he would still wriggle around until he could go no further and end up wacking his head and hollering for help. If a bumper isnt safe what else could I try. He doesnt get wrapped and most of the safty sleep wedges here say under 6mths, he is 7.5mths.

QueenEagle Sat 07-May-05 23:41:07

Don't really think I can offer any worthwhile advice on this, but thought I'd bump it for you in case anyone else can.

NannyJo Sat 07-May-05 23:58:56

use a sleepimg bag (grow bag) they stop the wriggling a treat ( had same with ds 7.5mths too. Use a light weight one for summer

Saacsmum Sun 08-May-05 03:10:08

he has a sleeping bag not grow bag though, not sure if these are available in NZ. He can move the entire sleeping bag that he has around the cot.

highlander Sun 08-May-05 03:25:56

I installed a cot bumper for exactly this reason! (when DS was 7 months) He also is in a grobag and no other blankets etc.

RosiePosie Sun 08-May-05 08:13:16

Ours went in a travel cot when he started doing this - soft sides!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now