Talk

Advanced search

DS 7mo (not good sleeper), DD 3yrs. Have to share a room, how do you do it??

(4 Posts)
twinklingfairy Thu 28-May-09 21:29:29

We co sleep cos he was a poorly thing when he was a wee one and now I love it.
But how on earth am I to get him out of my bed and into the, only other room we have, with my DD if he won't sleep well?

My parents now think I will just have to get through it for a few days and he should settle. My Bro has done that with his DD but that is ok if babes is going into a room on their own, to let them shout it out and CC for a few days. But it would be just awful for poor DD who was/is a great sleeper (one of those ones who slept through from 10 weeks, grr she had me set up for a big fallwinksmile)

I have doctored DDs old cot and now have a bedside cot type of thing. I try to remember to put DS into that after a feed but love my cuddles so sometimes fall asleep.
My idea is that he can get used the big cot and being on his own when sleeping then I will try to put the big cot into DDs room.
DS is still up between 2-4 times a night and only a feed will settle him.

I feel that putting him in another room will mean I get less sleep (being up and down for him), my parents are convinced that when he is sleeping on his own he will begin sleep through.

Skimty Thu 28-May-09 21:36:47

I have no idea whether going into his own room will help your DS. I think these are personal things down to you and your baby.

But, DD (8mo) shares with DS (2.9) and she can scream the house down (and quite regularly does) and he doesn't even stir.

twinklingfairy Sun 31-May-09 20:29:50

Help!

I know I am just gonna have to get on with it and get DS into the room with DD but how do I organise the timing of it all?
Any advice?
Does DD go down first (but them get upset by DSs screaming) or DS down first but then woken by DDs yabbering for nearly an hour before she goes to sleep?)

You see! Parents say, just put him in the room with DD. Simple.
Nope!!!hmm

twinklingfairy Sun 31-May-09 22:16:19

Anybody??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now