Talk

Advanced search

So, what 's it like to get a full night's sleep?

(8 Posts)
missingthemountains Thu 28-May-09 21:12:29

Has anyone who has finally come through the sleep deprivation thing tell us what it's like to finally get some decent sleep?

Were you less snappy? Were you more patient with the kids? Were you more interested in nookie with DP? Was life generally nicer? smile

Like many on here I haven't had a full night's sleep in nearly 5 years so can't remember what it's like - and I have never done parenting without the sleep deprivation thrown in as well - I'd just like to know what it's like the other side (will I be just as grumpy with DH but no longer have disturbed sleep as an excuse? shock)

StealthPolarBear Thu 28-May-09 21:15:35

I's bliss- DS is 2 (ouch to 5 years) and I've had a few recently

To answer the questions, yes, yes, hmm - think I need more than the odd night here and there, and YES!

When I've had a good night's sleep I get up, put a load of washing on, get showered, get DS dressed, breakfast, DS to nursery and to work fully prepared for about 7.45 - it's amazing!

Takver Thu 28-May-09 21:39:30

Yes, Yes Yes, Yes

Took about 2 years to regain a sensible sleep pattern after dd started sleeping through reasonably regularly (age about 3.5 to 4), and actually be able to sleep through myself again but it came back and you can believe we really appreciate our sleep now.

Funnily enough, I only have the one dc . . . .

cat64 Thu 28-May-09 21:47:53

Message withdrawn

McDreamy Thu 28-May-09 21:50:38

erm......no idea sad

hester Thu 28-May-09 21:53:00

It's frickin fantastic - like the sun coming out. It made me a nicer person and I actually got to enjoy being a mother. Really hope you get there soon.

onepieceofcremeegg Thu 28-May-09 21:53:06

dd2 has been a fairly "wakeful" sleeper iykwim. (sorry, I was trying to describe her positively)

Anyway, she will be 2 in a few weeks...she (I hope we have finally cracked it) has slept more or less through from 8pm ish until 7am or even a bit later for the past week.

Prior to this I had a difficult pg so haven't slept well for about 2.5 years.

In answer to your op (you may not want to hear this!) I feel a bit worse. My theory is that I am going into far deeper sleep so when I am woken after a good 7-8 hours I am still knackered. I guess my body is trying desperately to catch up on the months upon months of very disturbed sleep.

I expect that in a week or two (subject to her continuing to sleep well) I shall feel significantly beter.

puffylovett Tue 02-Jun-09 20:37:22

Do you know, its taken me 4 months to start feeling great after a good nights sleep ! For a long long while I felt awful if I had a solid 7 hours or more !! Think my body was just so used to being up 2 or 3 times in the night...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now