Talk

Advanced search

Now that it's a bit warmer, what are you dressing your baby in at night?

(14 Posts)
SarahinOxford Sat 23-May-09 22:01:03

I've been dressing my daughter in a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog sleepsack/grobag but now it's nearer 19 - 20 degrees in her room at night (she's four months old, btw) so I've dropped the vest, but should I perhaps just keep her in the vest & sleepsack? Is that too little/too much? She's such a tolerant little thing that she isn't giving any particular indication either way, but I don't want to accidentally overheat her.

What should I do?

ChocOrange05 Sat 23-May-09 22:08:53

My DS wears a vest, sleepsuit and a 1 tog grobag - its about 21 degrees in his room. When we went away and I only had his 2.5 tog grobag he just wore a long sleeved vest underneath it. HTH!

EvaLongoria Sat 23-May-09 22:13:03

My DD is 18 months now and no problem now but last year this time when she was 6 months old I dressed her just in a vest and (i think) 1 tog sleeping bag. I bought summer one especially since she had the thicker one for winter. And she was fine not too hot nor cold. I found when I added a sleepsuit as well it was way too hot during the night and she would wake up.

littleboyblue Sat 23-May-09 22:15:36

I have very sweaty babies so have never really wrapped them up. Tonight ds2 who is 15 weeks is in a sleepsuit with one layer of celular blanklet and when I go to bed, I'll put another blanket on. He normally has a vest on too, but was quite hot in here when he went to bed. I don't have a room thermometer, so don't actually know the temp of the room

TheBreastmilksOnMe Sat 23-May-09 22:17:14

My DS is 8mths old and he wears a vest, babygro and a 2.5 tog growbag in an 18 degree room. When he comes into bed with us I just remove his grow bag. When it's colder I put a jumper on over his babygro.

moaningminnie2020 Sat 23-May-09 22:19:01

Our bedrooms are about 18.5 at the mo, according to the thermostat for the boiler, so I'm still dressing DS in the same as OP, DS is 5mo. Will drop the vest when its a bit warmer, undecided what to do if it gets v warm as haven't got any 1 tog sleeping bags so may go for a sheet/blanket combo as he's not too wriggly ( he's strictly in hand me downs from DD so most of his sleeping bags are very pinkblush)

myjobismum Sat 23-May-09 22:20:09

DD is just 8 months and have gone from vest, sleepsuit and 1 tog grobag to just the sleepsuit and grobag - when this gets too warm the plan is to change sleepsuit to vest and have vest and grobag and then in time drop the vest and just have her in her nappy in her 1 tog grobag - even though she is my 2nd DC I still worry about it all and am sure I am getting everything wrong! So will watch this thread for answers!

shegetsthatfromme Sat 23-May-09 22:49:21

I'm always worried about what to put DD in at night so I always look at the room thermometer and then check the guidelines that came with our grobag.
You can see the guidelines here if it helps at all.

poorbuthappy Sat 23-May-09 22:58:43

Just thinking that it was very mild tonight...
Have twins, and 1 has been up 3 times since she went to bed at 7.45pm, so I've now taken her grobag off her and just popped a blanket over her (vest and babygro still on). Her sister still has the grobag on... also just cracked the bedroom window a touch as I think it is very warm in their room tonight.

moocowme Sun 24-May-09 19:23:19

DS 20mo and teething badly is in home made long PJ's his mummy made him grin from lovely 100% blue and purple stiped cotton bought at JL last week. its rather warm in our bedroom at 24' and he is sleeping well now and some neurofen for the teeth. he will have a sheet and light cotton blanket over him when we come to bed. loose and layers is what you need in this weather.

Monkeyandbooba Sun 24-May-09 19:25:25

DS (7mths) is in a vest and sleeping bag (2.5 tog - don't have a thinner one), his room is about 20 degrees.

ChocOrange05 Sun 24-May-09 20:36:44

DS's room is 24 degrees this evening so I put him to bed in a vest and babygro without a sleeping bag.

feralgirl Sun 24-May-09 22:12:06

Our room was 24 degrees this evening; we're in Cornwall and it's very hot and we also have three layers of blinds and curtains insulating us! So DS is in just his nappy and a 1.5 tog bag. Might not seem like much but we'll be bed sharing later and I don't want to faff taking layers off him.

nmt Tue 02-Jun-09 23:27:00

My boy is in just a nappy tonight as his monitor is displaying 28 degrees (altho it doesn't feel that warm to me). Have also left his door slightly open on the hope it will cool slightly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now