Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sleeping all wrong?

(3 Posts)
bagpussmice Thu 05-May-05 13:36:18

dd2 is 18months old and recently has started sleeping for 1.5 to 2 hours at lunchtime which is great, however, when she gets put down for bed at 6.30 just doesn't seem tired or want to go to sleep. She normally naps about 11.45am so it's not a late nap.... I can't really put her to bed any later as dd1 goes at 6.30 and is shattered by then.. so they both go down together..
She wakes up in the night but is easily settled and normally wakes about 6.00 am (sometimes a bit earlier).
Is this normal for an 18 month old? I don't really want to wake her up from her nap early - or should I try this in order to get her to go to bed at her bedtime?

hermykne Thu 05-May-05 13:45:47

i would have thought 6.30 is too early at 18mths, for 11/12hrs sleep at night, would 7/7.30 not be better.

most friends i know who had children atthat age and mine inc, were putting them to bed at 7.30 and usually up 7am.

do you need her up at 6am? for work or otherwise

Seona1973 Thu 05-May-05 19:57:31

my 18 month old has about the same nap as yours (between 11.30/12 and sleeps anywhere from 1-2.5 hours) but doesnt get put to bed until between 7.30 and 8pm. She then sleeps through to somewhere between 6 and 7am (there have been a couple of times she has slept a bit later than that but not many!!). Your lo may just not be tired enough to go to bed as early as 6.30pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now