Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

*Woman on the edge.....*

(6 Posts)
Mumbree Wed 04-May-05 08:10:41

Morning All - a quick one because I can hear spawn one trying to murder spawn two..for the last 4 days or so my 10 month boy has taken to waking every two hours throughout the night. He's not teething, not hungry, just wants a suck and then off, although he yells until I go to him (tried just ignoring him). Previously a good sleeper. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to stop this? (Someone mentioned anxiety???)

helsy Wed 04-May-05 08:56:54

Don't mean to be rude, but how do you know he's not hungry? My dd started being more wakeful at night at about 9 months, I increased her meals and she seemed to settle.
Has a routine he's used to changed?

handlemecarefully Wed 04-May-05 08:58:59

Is he eating enough at tea time?

Mumbree Wed 04-May-05 09:28:08

HIs routine hasn't changed, and he eats well at teatime (which is only an hour before bed) - I always feed him until he doesn't want any more and he's a good eater, not fussy. Then he has his bath and then I take him to his room, read him a story and breast feed him before putting him down to settle himself. He has become more clingy during the day recently though. I can't make him eat more than he does already, so I'm baffled!

ssd Wed 04-May-05 09:34:42

I know you might be totally against this suggestion but if it's a suck he wants would you think of a dummy? It might work in the short term.

Mumbree Wed 04-May-05 09:40:00

Tried dummies - he tends to suck his bottom lip instead - I just feel like he's checking to see if I'm still there! Plus I'm stopping feeding this month (he has teeth and has used 'em) so the nipple option is going to have to stop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now