Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what age to stop dreamfeeding?

(5 Posts)
taczilla Sun 01-May-05 17:01:59

I am still giving my 7.5 month old baby a dream feed at 10.30 / 11.00 each night. He goes down at 7ish every night soon after his dinner. Anyone like to share their experiences as to when to quit.

Newbarnsleygirl Sun 01-May-05 17:08:36

Ooohh I remember dreading stopping the dream feed.
DD had slept so well from a young age and I was convinced it was because of the dream feed.

I spoke to my HV about it as I was getting a bit anxoius and very tired from staying up till 10-11pm.

She told me just to stop it straight away. She said that dd shouldn't need it anymore because she was doing well with the weaning and that the food would be filling her up.

It worked straight away for us but I know for some other babies it can take a few days basically because they're used to waking up at cetain times.

A little tip, if your baby still wakes and won't settle try them with water instead of milk.

mears Sun 01-May-05 17:17:15

taczilla - just don't do it and see what happens. I never did dream feeds because they made no difference to night feeds. You might find that your DS will sleep through without it.

taczilla Mon 02-May-05 17:17:41

well, i skipped the feed last night and lo and behold not a peep well a few whimpers but he slept through till 6.30 which suits me fine as thats when i have to get up anyway...
thanks y'all

mears Mon 02-May-05 17:23:21

That's great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now