Talk

Advanced search

Was anyones lo still not sleeping through by 11 months???

(16 Posts)
kbaby Tue 19-Apr-05 21:26:34

Help, DD has still never slept through the night unless full of calpol or medised while she was ill. I cant beleive that she is 11 months and still waking which also seems to be getting worse.
She has a bath, milk and bed and goes in her cot awake. But then anytime from 12 onwards she wakes and will scream and scream until we get her out of the cot. At the moment I just bring her into bed but shes such a wriggler that we only really doze. What can I do?? Did anyone else lo not sleep through and if so how did it get better?

Yorkiegirl Tue 19-Apr-05 21:27:21

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Tue 19-Apr-05 21:27:42

Mine didn't sleep through until 18 months. I haven't got any great advice, except to say that it's fairly common.

pixiefish Tue 19-Apr-05 21:30:58

dd 14 1/2 months and still wakes in the night

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 21:31:04

kbaby - That was exactly like ds.... and he's still doing it. Don't want to depress you but he's nearly 4!!!

He doesn't scream anymore, just comes through and climbs in bed beside us. One of us usually ends up in his bed! Just got so used to the bed hopping at night that it doesn't bother me anymore. We got so stressed about it and tried CC a few times but ds would cry until he vomited! Decided to stop trying and we all relaxed. Ds continues to come into our bed every night, but there were no tears, no trauma, no arguing between DH and I about it. So I hope she either starts sleeping all night, or you all find a happy compromise soon.

yoyo Tue 19-Apr-05 21:53:04

DS is 27 mths and still doesn't sleep through. Up 4 times for the last two nights. DD2 was the same so I know it will go on for some time yet.

kid Tue 19-Apr-05 21:54:38

DD slept through from 2 1/2 years. She was going to bed at 9:30pm and waking at 7am

DS has slept through from 13 months (8pm - 7am)

oooggs Tue 19-Apr-05 22:04:09

Ds slept through from 12mths.

hewlettsdaughter Tue 19-Apr-05 22:04:29

Hi kbaby, dd (1 yesterday) is still waking once or twice a night most nights. I have been feeding her back to sleep but am currently trying to be a bit tougher (shushing, patting etc). Not sure what to advise, but you are not alone!

Clayhead Tue 19-Apr-05 22:11:03

Yes!

dd & ds both slept through from about 13-14 months.

I always thought we were the only ones, it felt like I only knew people with kids who slept through from being a few weeks old.

ds is only 19 months now though and it all seems a distant memory now, thank God!!

bluebear Tue 19-Apr-05 22:32:14

ds slept through at 3yrs (he had sleep apnoea and couldn't help it), dd at 14 months (after sleep training/controlled crying/whatever you like to call it)

If she's not ill, I would say the answer is to bite the bullet and sleep train...takes about 5 days but the benefits to the whole family are enormous.

kbaby Sun 24-Apr-05 21:00:15

Thank god its not just me then. All my friends LOs are sleeping through and they look at me strangely when I say how frustrated were getting. We tried CC when she was 7 months but after 5 nights gave up. I dont know maybe we shouldve persavered. 1/2 of me thinks we need to sort it out with cc again but then at 2am im too tired and bringing her into bed is the easy option. I just wished that she would sleep more and then I wouldnt be stressing over what to do.

serenity Sun 24-Apr-05 21:05:48

DD has just started sleeping through, she will be 18 mths in a couple of weeks. DSs were exactly the same. They were the same as yours, in that they went to bed awake, and we have no problems with them settling themselves down, they just wanted to get up and come in with us at about 2am! I never fought with them over it - I needed sleep more than I needed them in their own cots iyswim. They all grow out of it eventually, just keep reminding yourself that they won't be doing it at 18

Hulababy Sun 24-Apr-05 21:09:02

DD didn't. Actually she did sleep through from about 10 till about 6 from 6-12 weeks. But then it all fell apart again. She started sleeping through again for a while between 16-19 months. And then at 20months we resorted to CC for a coupole of nights which cracked it. There are still nights she wakes and comes into our room though - and she has just turned 3.

We were lucky that we all co-slept comfortable and well together.

WideWebWitch Sun 24-Apr-05 21:09:45

My dd only started sleeping through 2 weeks ago, she's 17mos. Sorry, that's not consoling I know. I got loads of advice though on a sleep thread, called help baby won't sleep what shall we do or shall we just never sleep again, so you could look at that.

jambo1707 Sun 24-Apr-05 21:56:29

Ours were the same-thinkwe had them addicted to medised but was worth it for a rest ithink

3 days off medised they are sleepimng right through

If you can handle 3 unsettled nights your laughing after that HONESTLY it worked for me give it a absh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now