Talk

Advanced search

dd2 not sleeping through

(13 Posts)
misdee Tue 19-Apr-05 07:56:35

she goes to sleep at 7.30-8pm. we aheva a rtoutine of bath, story bed which works well and she settles easily.

but then it gets to 12-2am. she wakes up at that time screaming blue murder. sometimes she asks for a juice, sometime she wants food. and then she is pretty much UP for the rest of the night. occasionally she'll get into my bed and actually sleep, but most nights she is in her room, screaming and shouting on and off for hours.

i dont know what to do. she tends to stay awake al lday as well, rarely naps, tho i am gonna make her have one today so ican catch up.

misdee Tue 19-Apr-05 09:18:28

please help. she is 2.5yrs btw, and this has been going on for ages. she never slept much as a baby.

sparklymieow Tue 19-Apr-05 09:20:27

can you put her in the back bdroom so she doesn't disturb DD1 and Dd3 and do CC...

misdee Tue 19-Apr-05 09:21:42

dd1+3 sleep through it. CC doesnt work on her. she can go for hours.

sparklymieow Tue 19-Apr-05 09:27:55

go to the doctors and ask for some meds, you would only need to use them for a short time...

misdee Tue 19-Apr-05 13:25:40

any other ideas apart from drugging the little madam?

sparklymieow Tue 19-Apr-05 13:31:34

thought you were going out....

misdee Tue 19-Apr-05 13:32:57

been out. had to come back as dd2 went slightly mad and dh couldnt cope. men eh!!

misdee Tue 19-Apr-05 13:33:25

did you leave your car at the garage?

charellie Tue 19-Apr-05 13:34:52

The only thing that I have found works is controlled crying. My dts have been good sleepers but 2 months ago my dd started to scream hysterically. It took a few nights but we left her to cry and checked on her every 30 mins. My dh and I took it in turns to check on her and tried to get some sleep before it was our turn. On the last night we had to do this I checked on her after 10 mins and we had a cuddle and she settled down to sleep and has been ok so far.

I think that as toddlers they can become unsettled very quickly because there is so much going on in the day and if they are the sensitive type it can show in their sleep.

sparklymieow Tue 19-Apr-05 13:35:05

I was waiting at the garage with the car

crunchie Tue 19-Apr-05 15:26:32

misdee, sorry to search around the boards for your most recent message. I wanted to speak to you about your DH. I remeber recently you mentioned you were thinking about talking to a journalist about organ donation. Our mag is about to do an organ donation feature and are looking for interesting stories. Yours could be perfect as it could talk about coping whilst waiting for a donor.

Anyway please please contact me on lucy at essentialpublishing dot co dot uk TODAY IF POSS just to talk and explain what we might be able to do.

Thanks a million.

PS If anyone else can contact Misdee quicker, let me know.

misdee Tue 19-Apr-05 17:45:41

that email address isnt working crunchie.

email me directly djmisdee(at)hotmail.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now