Talk

Advanced search

why and for how long? ds 8 months and half

(9 Posts)
sasa15 Fri 15-Apr-05 13:56:56

I understand now that during the afternoon nap after half an hour they go to light sleep....

wake up every afternoon..screaming...still tired ...and sometimes follow asleep again...

do you know for how long that will happen?

when do they stop waking up...?after half an hour?

is it anything to do with digestion?

sasa15 Fri 15-Apr-05 14:05:17

I understand now that during the afternoon nap after half an hour they go to light sleep....

wake up every afternoon..screaming...still tired ...and sometimes follow asleep again...

do you know for how long that will happen?

when do they stop waking up...?after half an hour?

is it anything to do with digestion?

crazy Fri 15-Apr-05 14:13:14

hey there

it can take a good few weeks for them to start sleeping through the 30minute wake up, The important thing is to be consistent and not to go to him/her and get them up after 30 mins but to instead do cc for about 45 mins, and only get them up when they have gone quiet for a short while and start up again. If you keep doing this eventually your child will start sleeping longer.

good luck

sasa15 Fri 15-Apr-05 14:20:05

ok I think I'm doing right....apart today,,,he's been already in the cot awake..stop screaming..now chatting...probably bored for the last 45 min...

don;t think he will sleep anymore.....shall i got and get him....?

oops he' s shouting a bit....I think he had enough for today..

SkiBunnyFlummy Fri 15-Apr-05 14:21:19

ignore child, go into garden so can't here.

20 mins later return to house

baby sleeping peacefully

relax on sofa with juicy novel for an hour

SkiBunnyFlummy Fri 15-Apr-05 14:21:51

hear even

sasa15 Fri 15-Apr-05 14:38:17

I did't ignore him today...if he starts to cry I do usually go to calm him down....so he can get to sleep again....and quickly...but he does get worst...when he sees me...

anyway I gave him his afternoon feed 4oz and put him down again...see if he can have another half an hour.....

I doubt! the milk should settle him...

from 2morrow I will leave him crying...but CC
you go after 5 min...then 10min...

shall I just leave him cry for 20min
as skibunny suggested?

hermykne Sat 16-Apr-05 21:25:17

sasa
what time is his morning nap and for how long?
i think the daytime naps are less important than night, so whats his night routine, my ds used to nap 30/40mins around 9/9.30 am and then another at 12 and then at 3.30 or so until 7mths, the odd time he'd sleep 2 hrs at lunch.

now he naps am 30mins and then 1hr 40 around 12.30/1pm. 8 1/2 mths too. bed at 7pm or so.
but he must be awake at 7am for that if he sleeps closer to 8 he doesnt go like that.

dinny Sat 16-Apr-05 21:28:59

Sasa, I give ds 5-10 mins to see if he's just grumbling and wants more sleep. Otherwise I get him up and out him down again when tired I'd never do cc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now