Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried Millpond?

(14 Posts)
ionesmum Thu 14-Apr-05 14:04:58

Feeling very tempted to try them. Do they work?

Pamina3 Thu 14-Apr-05 14:47:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ionesmum Thu 14-Apr-05 20:40:03

Thanks, Pamina. Had a horrid night last night trying to get dd to sleep without bf and think I need help. Am I right in thinking they don't recommend CC?

Pamina3 Fri 15-Apr-05 08:55:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ionesmum Fri 15-Apr-05 11:07:13

Thank you. I have contacted them and will see what happens.

Marina Fri 15-Apr-05 11:08:52

ionesmum sorry last night was not good. I am guessing Millpond are a sleep-training advisory service. Do they do five year olds I wonder?
Best of luck with them.

ionesmum Fri 15-Apr-05 21:12:26

Hi, Marina. Yes, Millpond are a sleep clinic. One thing I like about them is that they offer telephone consultations. But they aren't cheap - we can just about afford it so it's important that it is right for us.

The one attempt I made was awful, I tried settling her in her cot after a feed at at first it was okay - I think she was so sleepy she just dropped. But about midnight she woke up and I tried settling her using pu/pd but she got mad every time I tried to put her down. Then dd1 woke up. Then I decided just to get dd2 off the boob and settle her in my arms, but she went crackers for an hour and a half, by which time I was shattered, she sounded like Tom Waits and we'd all had enough, so I caved.

There is another sleep clinic called Naturally Nurturing, which has been featured in Junior. I've had a look at their site but it all seems a bit vague to me. I think their methods would be good with an older child but maybe not a baby. It's all stuff about 'being the parent', whatever that means.

My hv is lovely, but can't come up with anything other than CC.

Marina Mon 18-Apr-05 10:16:32

I expect you looked like Tom Waits the next morning rotten bad luck, really hope Millpond can help you. We have a night wanderer in ds but think we might just grit our teeth and wait for him to outgrow it.

motherinferior Mon 18-Apr-05 11:05:35

Ionesmum, I wrote an article on different approaches to sleep, for babies, a while ago. It probably won't be any use, but do CAT me if you want a copy.

naturalmother Wed 27-Apr-05 17:22:58

Hi ionesmum, I hope you have been sucessful with your dd2's sleeping.I am sorry our site didn't offer the answers you were looking for.

I was very interested in your post about our NN sleep clinic, we try to make our site userfriendly and welcome all feedback, please CAT me if you have the time, as we would like the opportunity to address some of the points you raised, also we want to make our work clear and specific, so parents know exactly want we do and how we can help them.

ionesmum Fri 29-Apr-05 21:16:39

Sorry, only just seen the last three messages!

Lol, Marina! yes, there is most definitely a Tom Waits vibe here atm!

Motherinferior, thanks, when I get a moment I will CAT you.

Naturalmother, I have decided to go with Naturally Nurturing intead of Millpond! In fact I have already had a consultation with you

blossom2 Fri 29-Apr-05 21:21:22

ionesmum - sorry to hear that you're still having a bad time with your dd.

just wanted to let you know that my DD is sleeping much much better these days. Even on the nights where is hasn't gone down well, we don't have our power struggles anymore.
Nope natural nurturing helps you too.

ionesmum Fri 29-Apr-05 21:23:56

Hi, blossom, glad things are going well for you. I did mean to CAT you but haven't had the time. Would it be okay if I still did so?

blossom2 Fri 29-Apr-05 21:41:02

Of course ... would love to hear from you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now